Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnomEli

re: Eliphias Destruction Warlock. Raiding application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Joe, 19, Lincoln

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Eliphias, 85, Warlock, Destruction, Tailoring & Enchanting
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Eliphias/simple - Gear wont be updated from tonight where I obtained Will of the Unbinding and Gloves of Liquid Smoke.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I know the guild from years ago, and I know that its a recognised guild that is good at progression and is full of dedicated players. I expect a fun environment with lots of chatter and enjoyable people to get on with.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Other than Tethane and the few I raided with tonight, no. I knew of the guild from pre WotLK and TBC and I think my previous guild has joint raided at some points.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I used to be in Valour, I left because the guild itself disbanded and key players left to join "better" raiding guilds. I have no other pending apps.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Hopefully some good DPS and a good understanding of my class. Also I'm quite easy going and enjoy a good laugh.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Destruction is my raid spec. I don't have another but I can spec affliction if and when necessary. I enjoy it because I think its the most manageable, and it provides a good damage output without being too high maintenance.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I visit wowmb.net which is a warlock database/forum and I get a lot of advice from there as well as give some.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
My talents I use are there to keep myself alive (in turn making the healers jobs easier) and also to maximise my DPS. I use the common destro rotation as it fits best with the talents and glyphs I have. I use the conflag, incinerate and immolate glyphs to maintain steady dps and also to quicken up CDs

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I do, and yes I will be available for full raids.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
Most nights after 5 and definitely weekends all day. The raiding days stated I am fine for.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Recount, DBM, DoTimer, Titan.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Gruuls, Kara, SSC, Sunwell, TK, Naxx 10 and 25, Ulduar 10 and some 25, Some ICC.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Up to Dragsonsoul normal

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have done raid achievements in Naxx, Ulduar 10 man raid achievements bar Yogg one light. Tried OS 3D but failed mutliple times. I enjoy the challenge of them and I would relish the opportunity to do more.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Yes

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I would take the advice in to consideration and possibly try the change out, if I saw an increase or decrease I would adjust myself accordingly. Any criticism is always good and healthy.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
This wouldn't bother me as if they have better attendance and they would benefit from the upgrade more than myself I wouldn't feel hard done by.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would speak to the raidleader and ask why this is so. Obviously they have a good reason for it and I would listen to it. If its because of my performances I would look to improve and work hard to get my place back.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
If it is a legitimate reason I would apologise to the player and to the group, and work on that area. However if it was unjustified I would defend myself in a civil manner.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Wiping doesnt bother me, its a way of progressing and learning. And money isn't really an issue so it wouldn't bother me on repair costs.
[/b]
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Had a great evening with Joe with a lot of other guild members, fit in well, the gear needs a bit of work but knows his class and was really competitive on DPS in LFR against better geared players. Lots of like, yes from me, other comments?

Think he will be another Luke and on the same gear level blow me out of the water!

Eluniel
Guardian

I see a warlock and you know what I see? ... I shall I say it?... <_< ... >_> ... DIDIDIDIDIDIDIDI! ^_^

Ok application and you have already played LFR with guild, that is good start. I don't own lock so I will not comment gear etc, I assume that Jodie has checked all that. It is yes for a trial from me.

most of the gear in unenchanted but that can be sorted

I see that you haven't raided since ToC, and witht he exception of LFR haven't done any cata raids.

I would be a little relectunat to bring in a new raider while we progress on HC when they haven't done any content.

Without having done it on normal I would say social until they have got 86-7/8 on normal

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Decent app, Not sure if locks are needed for 25man or not, but just a bit concerned about the helm, because it is spirit helm and I dont understand why people would be going to ICC instead of getting a better item from randoms when they are trying to join a guild to raid in?. Also you seem to be over 1% below hit cap? and not sure if armoury is bugged but its showing a lot of gear without any reforges? mainly the mastery/crit to haste/hit?.

Raid finder is easy DPS tbh, people slack and I can hit some insane numbers I wouldn't in a normal 25.

So maybe a yes as trial see how you fit in the guild and how you cope with the new raids, but the lack of experience is a bit of a "meh" point has the 25man are trying heroic modes atm.

Normally it would of been a no from Jodie but your lucky your a lock as she tends to be nicer to them must be a lock thing :D Lol.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Im not lock bias! I did LFR with Joe last night and he performs better in his current gear than some of our raiders in full 397! Yes your gear needs tweaking, enchants, reforges etc, your under hit and haste caps (although haste cap is not so important and will come with better gear.) But this can all be dealt with quite easily. I would probably not take you into hardmodes at the moment, but with current raid signs unpredictable at best having another committed raider would be a big plus.

GnomEli

Hey, I appreciate all the feedback that you've given me and have acted on it.
I'm now hit capped with a few switch arounds and reforges. However in terms of the helm I am still working towards the JP one which I should have midweek.
I am looking in to getting my enchants today and will definitely have most enchanted by tomorrow/tuesday.
Like Jodie has mentioned I can play my class well and can do good dps without excellent gear, I have only recently returned to WoW so in terms of gear I am still working and progressing on it.
I would have no problem being left out of raids and would feel comfortable joining however you see fit Happy

E
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Great stuff, would like to offer you a trial spot, please read the last bit of this page for what to do next!

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Toofles the Great

The gnome! Damn you! We do not need anymore gnomes!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum