Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Madness of Deathwing

Full strat can be found here http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/11/28/madness-of-deathwing-video-strategy-guide/

Please have a good read!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Hi all

I found this to be a slightly better written guide (they use paragraphs for a start)

http://www.icy-veins.com/madness-of-deathwing-detailed-strategy

It isn't that different from LFR by the looks of it - but more dps needed

Eluniel
Guardian

- two phase fight
- Phase One; defeat 4 of Deathwing's limbs. Takes place on 4 different platforms surrounded by water.
- Phase Two; burn Deathwing's head and kill two types of adds. .

Phase One:
On each of the 4 platforms raid must perform the same set of tasks to destroy Deathwing's limb(arm or wing). On all platforms adds cast the same abilities and have the same amount of health. Only add names are different on the platforms (arms=Nozdormu&Ysera and wings=Alexstrasza&Kalecgos). The mechanics of the fight will be increasingly harder to deal with, as you progressively lose the buffs granted by the dragon Aspects (when you kill the limb on their platform, they go fight Deathwing himself and stop buffing the raid).

Steps:
1. When entering platform DPS players should immediately begin attacking Arm/Wing Tentacle and should try to do as much damage as possible to it before the Mutated Corruption appears.
2. After 10 seconds, a Mutated Corruption will appear. Tank needs to be ready to taunt and all DPS players should switch to it.
3. At a certain point, while DPS-ing the Mutated Corruption, Deathwing will launch an Elementium Bolt towards the platform. Move away from the impact spot (golden swirly zone) and prepare for the massive landing damage (use defensive cooldowns/Dream). Destroy Bolt as soon as possible.
4. After the Bolt is dead, players should return to the Mutated Corruption and finish it off, then switch back to the Arm/Wing Tentacle.
5. After 90 seconds, the Arm/Wing Tentacle will spawn 6 Regenerative Bloods. Simply AoE these adds down (while tanking them close to the Arm/Wing Tentacle).
6. It is likely that before the Arm/Wing Tentacle dies, Deathwing will have started casting Cataclysm, but there should be enough time to finish off the Tentacle. (Note; when Deathwing is casting Cataclysm, the Arm/Wing Tentacle takes 100% increased damage, as the Aspect on whose platform you are standing begins to attack it.)

Abilites and adds on phase one:
Deathwing:
- Assault Aspects: determines on which platform the adds will spawn (allows raid to choose the order of platforms).
- Cataclysm: casted 2 minutes after casting Assault Aspects. The only way to stop this cast is to kill the Arm/Wing Tentacle present on the platform where you are fighting.
- Elementium Bolt: created 45 seconds after casting Assault Aspects. Landing aoe deals less damage the farther away players are from the impact zone(golden swirly). Add cannot be tanked and it does not melee. Kill fast to avoid any extra ticks.
Arm/Wing Tentacle (Deathwing's limb):
- cannot be tanked and do not have melee attacks.
- needs to be killed to clear a platform
- uses Burning Blood entire duration of their existence
Blistering Tentacles:
- several of these are spawned at 70 and 40% health of the Arm/Wing Tentacle
- deal increasing raid damage by stacking Blistering Heat on raid members. (Note, on Alexstrasza's platform she will kill these)
- are immune to AoE damage, DPS needs to single target these down
Regenerative Bloods:
- 6 of these spawn 90 seconds after engaging a Arm/Wing Tentacle
- have normal aggro tables and weak melee attacks
- melee attacks cause Degenerative Bite that will eventually overwhelm the healers.
- adds have self heal via an energy bar. Each time the bar reaches 100 energy add is healed to full health. Bar starts empty and fills at a rate of 10 energy per second.
- tank close to the Arm/Wing Tentacle and AoE these down (Kalecgos' buff eases this)
Mutated Corruption:
- add that spawns 10 seconds after Deathwing assaults an aspect (10sec after enbtering new platform)
- tank needs to pick this up as soon as possible and DPS should switch to it and burn it down
- uses Impale. Main tank or healers need to use damage reducing cooldows or tank can use Ysera's Dream(if still active) to survive this attack.
- Crush: targets a random raid member and damages everyone in a line between the Corruption and the target.

Phase Two
- burn phase
- starts when all the 4 platforms are cleared. Deathwing will slump forward and his head will land on Ysera's platform.
- phase starts with Deathwing at 20% of his health
- Deathwing has no melee attacks and only one ability: Corrupted Blood.
- When Deathwing's health reaches 15%, 10%, and 5%, the damage dealt by Corrupted Blood increases.
- Deathwing will spawn two types of adds: Elementium Fragments and Elementium Terrors.
- the first wave of 8 Elementium Fragments comes 10 seconds into Phase Two and every every 90 seconds after that.
- the first wave of 2 Elementium Terrors comes 40 seconds into Phase Two and every every 90 seconds after that.
- Elementium Fragments use Shrapnel to random raid members. Making them the most deadly aspect of the phase.
- Elementium Terrors must be tanked and inflict a stacking debuff on the tank: Tetanus.

Steps:
1. Begin the phase by burning Deathwing.
2. Stop DPS before the 10% hp threshold, finish off any adds and then proceed to burning Deathwing. (Because the damage that he deals to the raid increases progressively when he reaches 15%, 10% and 5% health.)
3. Kill Elementium Fragments as soon as possible. Players should use the Dream ability just as the Shrapnel's debuff is about to wear off.
4. When Elementium Terrors spawn pick them up (each by one of the tanks) and DPS both down before the stacking Tetanus kills the tanks. It is ideal to tank these in the Time Zone provided by Nozdormu.

Once the second set of Elementium Terrors have been killed, Deathwing should have around 11% health and raid should execute an all-out DPS burn on him, ignoring the next set of Elementium Fragments.

Aspects and buffs
At the Phase One all the aspect buffs only last until the platform of the respective Aspect has been cleansed of Deathwing's limb, at which time the Aspect will begin assaulting Deathwing and will cease to aid your raid until Phase Two begins. Thrall's buff lasts for the entire duration of the encounter.
Ysera
Ysera's Presence: passive buff
Dream: adds an extra action button. Damage reduction lasts 5 seconds.
Alexstrasza
Alexstrasza's Presence: passive buff
Cauterize (Phase One): destroys Blistering Tentacles ( Phase One adds)
Cauterize (Phase Two): lowers the damage done by Deathwing's Corrupted Blood ability during Phase Two
Nozdormu
Nozdormu's Presence: passive buff
Time Zone: places a protective bubble on the platform. Causes the flying projectile (Elementium Bolt) to be greatly slowed down, giving raid more time to kill it.
Kalecgos
Kalecgos' Presence: passive buff
Spellweaver inflicts 22425 to 23575 Arcane damage to enemies within 6 yards, excluding the current target.
Thrall
Carrying Winds: allows you to move back and forth between two adjacent platforms. Last entire duration of the fight.

So according to the video and strat for 25man the best way to do this is :-

Ysera > Nozdormu > Kalegos > Alexstraza.

This will mean that we shouldnt have to worry at all about the blistering tenticles as Alexstraza will nuke em for us allowing more dps on the limb. OFc this also means that after the second platform elementium bolts will drop faster and our healers need to be on top of their game (as well as dps ofc) to nuke em down before the AOE gets us.

Apparently this is the best way to go , any thoughts?

Sherawr
Guardian

After one shotting Spine, we made some excellent progress last night, Im well impressed. A little edit to my previous post in that the order I placed worked, however after some juggling we found it easier (especially when healers got their rotations correct which helped out alot....."Mass panick" I think they called it) we decided to go with the standard left, left, all the way right method.

Sending a few dps across to the right after the first bolt bolt or at the beginning just to knock a few % off the last limb helped too, and we were one DPS down.

I really think we got this tonight people Happy

Good efforts and see you tonight

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Aye could of easy done it if my keyboard didn't die on me sorry bought a new one today though :D so just waiting to finish and get home and install it... yes it comes with a disc haha :D only a cheap one too.

Raiyen
Wanderer

Tuishao wrote:
Aye could of easy done it if my keyboard didn't die on me sorry bought a new one today though :D so just waiting to finish and get home and install it... yes it comes with a disc haha :D only a cheap one too.

I've often found that: the cheaper the product, the longer it will last.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

My old one cost a fiver! only reason it broke was I spilt tea all over it and its lasted 3/4 years ish so far :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: