Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lycantis

re: Dhorbur - Holy Paladain raider - TRIAL FAILED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Kris, 18 & Northampton, England. Happy

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Dhorbur - 85 - Paladin - Holy.
Proffessions: Jewelcrafting / Alchemy.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Dhorbur/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm applying as a permanent Holy Paladin - I've been playing HPala's for a few months now, my gear's respectable and I enjoy the class/spec. Happy

My expectations are to raid with a socially friendly Guild; that're interested in progressing as a family, together & gracefully. Happy

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
No, I do not know of any members in F/E - I heard about you from a friend. Happy

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
<Slow Ward> (Currently leaving, as the raiding scenario is... Bleak)
<VII> Relatively bad Guild; the players are friendly, but the raiding experience was abysmal (Unfortunately!)

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I'm a social, outgoing person with a great sense of humor! I enjoy joking around, light conversation & talking about food. :D

I hope to bring a high level of healing & expertise, of where I am able to help; to push us further through current content!

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding member of F/E, please. Happy

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Raiding spec - Holy Paladin.
Off spec - Protection PvP.

It generally speaks for itself, but, in my spare time, I enjoy beating stuff up as a protadin! :D

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

MMO-Champion gives me all the updates I need, I work through & find out what becomes BiS for my class after each and every hotfix/nerf. Happy

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

My talents, I chose based on AoE healing (As single target is relatively easy) and as much Mana Returns as possible, as I like to mana conserve for heavy single/AoE based fights. Happy
My glyphs are chosen for heavy output healing & keeping as much mana saved for my big heals, as possible. Such as 'Glyph of Cleansing' reducing manacost by 20%. It helps on dispelling & keeping mana back. Happy

I chose my talents/build based on my own knowledge and research - If you feel there's any changes to be made, please; let me know, with reason as to why, and I will adjust accordingly. Happy

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I can almost guarantee that I am available for all aspects of raiding, given time allowed & hoping nothing too disastrous happens to me! :o

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
All times, but Friday/Saturday nights(I can make exceptions, but I generally have a social life at weekends, which I tend to make the most of, evenings are given to be free, unless I'm out Pubing it up, hehe).

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I use Deadly Boss Mods, Mik's Scrolling Battle Text, RaidGridFrames, Recount.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
ICC 10/12HC (10man), Firelands 6/7 (Normal 10) & 4/4 Random Raid Finder. Happy
This has all been healer based, besides ICC, in which I DK tanked. Happy

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Deadmines normal... With a little more gearing! (Kidding!)
Dragon Soul! I'm nearly completely decked out Firelands normal gear (A few Twilight HC pieces). Happy

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I've only really done ICC Hardmodes, a few achievements here and there, nothing TOO serious, as Achievements aren't my thing unless there's a reward (Title/Mount etc).
I would LOVE to redo Ulduar (25man), as I REALLY enjoyed that! Happy

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
It shall indeed. Happy

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Happy to accept advice given, as long as there's a reason/proof behind it all. Happy

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

With a respectful attitude, at the end of the day, everyone raids to get gear... If we don't all gear, and only gear one person, what hope's there for everyone else? Happy

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Calmly, but with positiveness, whisper the Raidleader, addressing my issue and await a resolvement/reply. Happy

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

If I don't agree with it, either sort it myself in w/ chat, or ask the Raid Leader/GM for their help in the current situation.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
"Ohwell... I have gold, spend it! I'm playing the game, enjoy it!"

Quite frankly, it's a game, if you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't play... Happy
Sherawr
Guardian

Hi Will, we are in need of another Holy paladin, however we also need another tank option, I usually tank with our warrior, however due to work loads and stupid shifts sometimes I cannot make raids, and one of our other top dps'ers has to switch out....when hes not doing his christmas work. Basically Im asking would you consider switching your prot pvp spec to a pve one? what kind of gear do you have and would you feel comfortable in Off tanking some nights?

Anyways back to yor app, ok i've taken a look at your spec and taken into account your comments about mana etc and really can see one problem with your talent tree (I used to play pala btw so please dont think DK is trying to tell you how to play Happy ).

Ive been doing some reading and your Current 2/2 points in Last word anr now pretty much wasted. you should really only use 1 point as a filler and take a point in "Enlightened Judgments"

1/2 Enlightened Judgements: This talent's benefits are threefold: it grants hit rating based on the Holy Paladin's spirit, it increases the range of judgements and it also provides a small heal to the paladin each time a judgement occurs. Since Holy Paladins rely actively on being able to land successful attacks on a target to gain the benefits of judging as well as mana return from melee attacks and Holy Power generation from Crusader Strike, the hit rating part of this talent is needed. With the high amount of spirit that healers have, gaining hit rating equal to half of it will be more than enough to make sure your attacks do not miss. The increased range for judgements is also useful and provides you with more mobility since you can judge from farther away. Finally, the self-heal does transfer to the Beacon target and while the amount is quite small, it is effectively free. A second point in this talent is only really justified by the need to maximise judgement range, and as such should only be taken if 2/2 in Improved Judgement have already been taken.

got this from some research I did and would help you regain the mana etc you require, as being a plate wearer you will normally be in melee grp.

Ok glyph choices, could you please explain your Holy shock glyph choice? I realise its an extra 5% chance to crit, but I really feel Divine favour would be better suited here. Holy Shock maybe give an extra 5% chance whenever it May proc, where as Divine Favour WILL increase healing output AND Critical strike effect of all healing spells for a further 10 secs by 20%, every 3 mins, alot better to pop during those heavy raid wide AoE healing.
Another thought is that since WoG is no longer as good as it was maybe drop the WoG glyph instead and keep the Holy shock glyph (as your shocking alot)

Regarding your major glyphs I think that removing glyph of cleanse and replacing with Glyph of Divinity would be more beneficial.

Cleanse spell costs 3279 mana of paladin, saving 655 mana per cast. However if its Mana your worried about then this glyph will return 10% of your mana to you whenever used, with paladins rocking like 117k mana or more thats an instant 11k mana return on tap every 10 mins, just something to think about.

Maybe some of our current raiding Paladins could confirm my comments....or completey blow em out the water lol

anyways you have a good application and we do require another Paladin, so please leave some comments and Good luck Happy

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

TBH not a great deal wrong with the spec or glyphs as I see in now (perhaps some changes have been made between Jon's comments and My looking at it though).

I would expect the shoulder to be enchated, and personally I would use Ember shadowspirit diamond for Inteleect and increased max mana over spirit gem.

The changes with Pally's is quite interesting as our AoE is silly now, and so far it seems to me we are 3 key buttons, HR, LoD/WoG and HS. other stuff is filler now.

anyway seems ok to me

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Seemed to do ok tonight, thats all atm tired.

Moombee
Enlightened

Did and troll with him a few weeks back, seemed like a nice guy. He asked me back then if we we're recruiting.

As for his healing from what i could see he was doing well. Would be a nice addition to "Smara's healing squad" Happy

Anyway good luck with your application mate.

Eluniel
Guardian

He seemed to be par with our other paladin on meters (I didn't check every fight I was busy fixing my own net/fps loss issues) and was also happy person in general. Yes from me. ^_^

Thank you for joining us last night you did help us out of a pickle, looking forward to slapping some oozes with you this evening! Poke me or an Officer online for an invite.

Please read the last 4 bullet points on this page http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Also can you make sure you have EPGP lootmaster installed and up to date for this evening!

Welcome to the Guild!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

oohhhh noes loots to share now, no more special dorf pally.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Galadruin the Dwarf wrote:
oohhhh noes loots to share now, no more special dorf pally.

Awwww poor Pob, you are no longer our unique snowflake!

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Looks like you started your own Guild and left FE so trial is clearly failed, be advised though as your position of GM you should perhaps take a fonder interest in your fellow Guild members and there needs, the attitude of "if there is nothing I can gain from doing something I wont do it" doesn't sit well when you have members looking up to you.

Also no showing/not signing/not having the required addons for a raiding environment during your trial is a big no no, I imagine Nestle will be going with you.

Other than that I wish you best of luck with your Guild.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum