Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re: Raid Healing Thread - More Class Role then Class specific

I think its worth checking out the link below, I have a read of this and it is quite good, though to some extent a little obvious, but still worth a read if you are healing.

Ione. wrote:
If you haven’t checked paragon forums then you may not know this healing guide: http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=540 Basic triage healing + healer assignment per group + some nice tips how to be different healer (and by that way do less overhealing).

One thing that is different is that healing roles have changed significantly especially with pallys. For sure I believe we Pallys have the most powerful AoE heal in the game currently (I expect some nerfs incoming) with Holy Radiance.
Light of Dawn on Mellee targets is also pretty effective. Chuck out the King chap we have, and it hits new levels.

One thing to note is that the Beacon does get a % of health generated to each target by LoD and HR as well as other heals as such the Beaconed Tank is getting a fair amount of heals from the Paladin, and possibly more then from before the change.

Most of what is said in the thread is exactly how Smara set it up, and in truth I don't think we had healing issues on the "good tries" as it where, we just hit the enrage which I am sure won't happen again now we are pro.

Anyway below is class healing role I think is appropriate for Plladins, would other classes follow up with there "best class role".

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re: Paladin Healing Role

Palladins are no longer the "tank only" healing class, and with a new toolbox are good raid healers as much as a tank healer.

Beacon of Light
The beacon should be placed on the tank that will be taking the most damage.

Paladin are good burst healers with HS (and possible proc og Infsion for near instant HL/DL), WoG or FoL as well as HR and LoD for Burst raid heals.

Paladin Positioning
The Pally should position himself where the bulk of the raid is likely to be, in most cases around 5-8 yards from the melee.

The reason for this is 3-fold
1. Holy Radiance - the closer to the target the more they are healed
2. Light of Dawn - this will hit 5+ targets in a cone - so it's best used on the melee and tanks.
3. All healing also grants the beacon 50% of the healed damge - so the AoE heals contribute a huge amount to the Beaconed Tank.

Paladin and Ranged
Pallys are good healing the ranged raid if the set-up allows the Ranged to group, allowing for maximum healing from Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn.

If the set-up requires spacing beyond 8 yards, it is better for a Pally to sit in with the melee.

Eluniel
Guardian

I really do not feel that I can say if shamans are better for raid or tank healing, but I will try to collect some basic facts how shamans work in these roles.

Tank Healer

As a tank healer shaman will be keeping Earth Shield and Riptide up and spamming Healing Wave when not doing something else. While tank healing, shaman should stay in Flame Shock range (easy way to measure distance and keep good contact). Never at 40yd range.

Shaman emergency tools for spike damage:
- Nature's Swiftness: Instant Greater Healing Wave or even better: Nature's Swiftness + Unleash Life + Greater Healing Wave.
- Spiritwalker's Grace: being able to move while casting for 10 seconds allows us to keep tank up (I’m expecting that this will be needed with Valiona & Theralion).

Raid Healer

In raid healing two things are important: Riptide and Chain Heal. Healing Rain and Healing Surge usually aren’t that efficient. Healing Rain's strength is that you can do other stuff while it's running and Healing Surge is just fast (and expensive). Random light damage can be healed by using Riptide and Healing Wave.

Chain heal does not need any special positioning. To ensure full jumps shaman can cast chain heal to self (it does not continue jumping if its jumps _to_ shaman, but it will jump _from_ shaman). Self casting also allows some positioning.

Now this seems more like guide. -_- Meh, I’m not good writing this kind of things.

I agree that the traditional roles for classes in raid healing have change and i expect will be tweaked in the patches to come.

I mean it may be a bit early to tell but on the druid side of things i have to say that we seem a bit ineffective at raid healing. Blanketing the raid with Rejuvination and Wild Growth is ineffective compaired to other classes raid healing in the sense that i found that you cast either, they tick for maybe a second or two and then someone elses AOE heal kicks in and BOOM, instant heal, job done.

With single target tank healing we have lifebloom ticking away rather nicely, nourish which even though it dont do alot of healing we can spam like a madman, keeping lifebloom on the target and we can chuck in Healing Touch (big heals) and rejuv+Swiftmend combo's for fairly instant big heals with an additional Hot which affects those around the target (efflorescence).

As i said though it may be a bit too early to tell but shall have another look into it this evening as we raid Happy
Eluniel
Guardian

How do you feel about healing nowadays people? Is it fun to you?

Last night (BoT farm run) I felt so unimportant. I have never felt that unimportant, not even at the end of wotlk. After raid I changed my gear to favor haste (for r.shaman: haste = farm content, mastery = progression content). I just felt that I had to do something.

Do others also feel that this cata style of damage (in wotlk we had spikes on incoming dmg = always something to heal, not just some mild dmg that you can cover with hots) is boring in healing perspective when we start to outgear content? Or is that just me / my class?

I’m not complaining about progression here. Just wondering if this is something that cata brings to healers, since I did not feel this when running ICC over and over again.

I think the damage in cata is quite predictable and the milder damage is there because of our heals being more expensive compared to how much they heal, but i do follow you. Before 4.1 the druid healing seemed rather strange and inconsistant, but i think eventually it will even out again for all healing classes, either damagewise or more changes to the talents and abilities.

But i agree that last night seemed strange healingwise, caught myself not using my usual rotation or using my tranquility in situations where it would normally have been needed because it would have been too much overhealing.

For the last few weeks we have ran with 5 healers, whcih meant you had to pay some attention. The 6th healer last night sort of removed even that required attention.

However this is not the only reason, quite simply the amount of avoidable incoming damage was much less then it was at the start of cata raids. The team is getting better at moving. For example, Lightening rods - last few times people have been a bit slow at getting out of the raid - last night no such problems, even halfus people moved out of flame circles more so then previous.

All of us have become adept at conserving mana, and the only time there is a struggle is on crazy trash moments and unhealable damage.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: