Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Earth wind and fire!

Stolen from wowhead, has basic strat, obviously we are over geared now but its worth a look Happy

No matter which boss you engage first you're working with a 5 minute enrage timer (I'm assuming koralons soft enrage yust about equals the other two).
You'll need a crazy amount of DPS which means you need to keep the number of tanks and healers to a minimum

Even with full Coliseum gears emalons add will still be a pain in the *** if you ignore them.

Strategy:

First Part: Kiting Archavon and Koralon
Now engaging all the bosses at the same time as some has suggested seem to me like extra work for the healers and more importantly it would leave you resources more spread out. Therefor I suggest pulling the bosses one at a time (either to the middle or by kiting them from boss-room to boss-room I think the latter would be preferable since it leaves the most time to dps). Since Archavon is the one who does least damage, is easiest to kill and requieres the least amount of attention I suggest pulling him first. While kiting him to the middle or even all the way to koralon. Then when he's low on health (but not too low) engage koralon and proceed to kite both of them towards emalon all the while having the dps nuke koralon as hard as possible. When koralon is low on health leave both of them along with two tanks and 1 healer.

Second Part: Killing Emalon
Now since you're low on time and emalon is a boss that ties up extra resources (someone has to dps the adds or they will cause enough raid damage for a whipe) I suggest yust killing him straight off before returning to killing the last two. Best set up would be to have the tank pick up both the adds and the boss seeing as how you probably can't afford more than 3 tanks for this fight. Proceed to killing emalon as per the usual strategy.

Third Part: Killing Archavon and Koralon
Now once Emalon goes down you only have 1 minute left to kill the last two and maybe even less time to go on the enrage timer. Now I haven't had time to study koralon that much but I think killing archavon is preferably since he happen to grab one of the tanks every now and then and since this will be a close run DPS race everything counts. Plus since you engage him first he'll be nearing his enrage timer by now. This is probably the best time to pop your heroism and any class that can do splash damage (rogue's blade flurry would be one good example) to the other boss should do so in order to bring both of them down as quickly as possible.

Set up:
3 tanks
3 healers
4 (preferably ranged since they don't lose as much DPS-time during the emalon encounter as melee dps does)

The biggest stress on the group will most likely be on the one healer that gets left with the tanks during part 2. One alternative assuming the DPS is good enough (haven't run any numbers so not sure what might be requiered for a fight like this) you could exchange a dps for another healer. But I think that would most likely gimp your dps too much. Also Something to take into consideration depending on how much damage the tanks take is to have them put on some dps gear in order to do have as high dps-ouput as possible.

Needless to say it would take a well drilled group with great coordination to attempt this fight and such a group probably don't need my imput but all the same ;) it's always fun to speculate.

Edit: did some brief numbercrunching in a very simplified manner and I think the dps would have to do about 7.6k dps yust in order to burn through all of the bosses health in 5 minutes assuming zero down time and not counting adds on emalon. I didn't take the tanks dps into account either but with downtime from switching bosses and the downtime generated from emalon I would still estimate that your 4 dps need to do somewhere around 8k dps in order to pull off this strategy before the enrage timer.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

at 85 due to overleveling boss and adds, I would suspect that 15-20 K dps would be easily achievable from heroic geared, also with the large health pools I doubt you would need as many healers. In fact a tri pull and nuke in the center would be pretty simple with 2 tanks holding the bosses, 2 healers and 6 dps, single targeting the bosses in order

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Galadruin the Dwarf wrote:
at 85 due to overleveling boss and adds, I would suspect that 15-20 K dps would be easily achievable from heroic geared, also with the large health pools I doubt you would need as many healers. In fact a tri pull and nuke in the center would be pretty simple with 2 tanks holding the bosses, 2 healers and 6 dps, single targeting the bosses in order

Im still pretty sure that emalons adds will one shot the raid if not dpsed down quick enough, and you know how people can be with target switching!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: