This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matybojangle

re: Matybojangle Disc Priest Application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Hello my name is Matthew Jones and i have 15 years old. I currently live in Aberkenfig, South Wales.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
The character I am applying for is currently level 32 on 10/10/10 but hope to be level 80 by the end of October. He is a Disc Priest and currently has no Professions. I am levelling with my IRL friend Fowler. I also have 2 level 80s who have previously raided in the guild Valour.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am applying to Forsaken Enlightenment because I would like a guild where I can settle in to and feel welcomed, also that are social but have a raiding backbone where I make friends but also raid with them.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I have my IRL friend as said previously Fowler within the guild, and I have heard about you from being in the guild before with a character called Jonesyx in TBC.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have previously been in Valour and Bad Company. I left them as I took a break from World of Warcraft in the summer for exams etc. No, I do not have any other guild applications pending with different guilds.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I think I would bring a cheerful aspect into the guild but when needs be a hard working member that will 'knuckle down' and help or 'raid' where needs be.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I am intrested in being social in WotLK as my character in 32 and 80 by end of October but I would like to raid in Cataclysm.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My raiding spec will be Disc Priest but Holy if that is what is needed and I will have Duel Spec and this will be shadow, but I can adapt my specs to what is needed within the guild.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I keep myself up to date on the builds etc. of my previous classes yes, and I intend to do this on my Priest who will be my main. I use Wowhead etc. and also www.preistbuilds.com

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I currently have no glyphs as my character is only level 32. I have also picked Disc because I think it is a good healing spec for levelling and at raiding standards.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, I do have control of my own time and I will stay until the end of any raid I have signed or picked for.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am normally online most of the time. Within weekdays I have school so I will be online from about 3:30pm until 00:00am maybe later ;) and on the weekends any time, late or not Happy

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I currently do not use any add-ons for my priest but on my shaman which was healing spec, X-Perl, Deadly Boss Mods, Omen, Decursive and thats the main ones if any add-ons are needed to be downloaded, I am happy to do this.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I have experienced all raids within TBC and all in WotLK on my shaman up to RS. The role of healing was used so I am used to being a healer within a raid.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
On my Priest none atm ^^

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I have completed some Raid achievements and some Ulduar hard modes, and I would love to try more within the future.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I feel fine as they have offered to help and am grateful of them trying to help and if it improves my play style etc. then I am happy to change. ^^

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I would have to accept this as they have been within the raids more or they need the better help. If this helps the raids progress or helps the guild, and gets us further within raids then the change would be better and I would be happy to accept it.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would ask why this is, and if the raidleader says that he is better geared or does better whatever, I would have to evaluate myself and try to improve for the next week etc. so that I have a better chance to be placed within the raid.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would firstly ask why they said this, if it was a valid reason or a majourity of people think this once again evaluate myself and make this better but if the reason is not valid contact a higher member within the guild and have this een to.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I would have to accept this as I signed for the raid so this is the chance I have to take. ^^ Also as long as all the tactics are right etc. everyone must be trying their best there is nothing I can do, so this would be acceptable of course.

Other Comments:
I am a flexible member within the guild. If I need to download an addon or need to change anything to improve my game, I would be happy to do this. Also I have Ventrilo and also most of the other chat software after being in different guilds.

Thank You,
Matthew Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kovac (Flower)

Jonesy's a bestfriend of mine and i've never seen anything bad about him In-game,
dedicated raider and social member
and heals like a pro ><
good luck with the app Happy
Everlightly

again, like before, concerned with the age of the player, apart from that app seems ok

again, like before, concerned with the age of the player, apart from that app seems ok

Don't Worry, I am a mature player even for my age and also i am willing to listen and take in and do whatever is needed.

Crossless
Wanderer

did u said u was in the guild in TBC on another toon? don't recall that,mate

did u said u was in the guild in TBC on another toon? don't recall that,mate

Yeah on the character called Jonesyx with Sicklight etc. Happy

Everlightly

ah, its a social not a raider spot, fine by me
Toofles the Great

Our older (28 an up) guild members, can addopt this young, cute guy :3

But fo' real, I've seen far too many "I am mature, I can be cool with you, old ones" type of people in TF2. They seem to rage too much and you know, those immature jokes going on, not like those not being funny, but after a while it becomes a bit irritating. I am just stating my opinion, that's all. Just don't trust people with hormone storms going.

Our older (28 an up) guild members, can addopt this young, cute guy :3

But fo' real, I've seen far too many "I am mature, I can be cool with you, old ones" type of people in TF2. They seem to rage too much and you know, those immature jokes going on, not like those not being funny, but after a while it becomes a bit irritating. I am just stating my opinion, that's all. Just don't trust people with hormone storms going.

Aha, I hear ya man! :D

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Why did you leave in TBC? I remember you being really inactive....

Why did you leave in TBC? I remember you being really inactive....

Yeah took a break, but now I have more time on my hands Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

You wern't taking a break wow char history shows you left to go to Stonemansons....

You wern't taking a break wow char history shows you left to go to Stonemansons....

Yes as a social member as another friend was in it and if you look, i took a break then and left them to take a break.

Sherawr
Guardian

My personal opinion would be offer a social spot at first as see how things go, maybe take on a few raids if short and see how things go from there.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Well after our chat I would like to offer you a social spot within FE as long as you and John are not TO annoying together :P Poke an Officer ingame for an invite.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: