This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thargrinna

re: Gronalyn, 80 MM hunter - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Hi, My name is Sander and at the current state I am 16 years and stated in the Netherlands

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
My character name is Gronalyn. I am playing as a marksmanship hunter and using the Professions Leatherworking and Skinning
A link to my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Gronalyn

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am new to Emerald Dream and the alliance as whole. I used to play on the realm Draenor as a Holy paladin and this hunter as an alt. I decided to roll to an alliance based realm and came to the conclussion Emerald Dream was a pretty good realm for me. I am here for almost one week now and I did hear some good story's about Forsaken Enlightenment. Seen some forum post on the realm forums and decided to check out the site. This did all look nice and I did decide to apply at that point.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Sadly enough I do not know any Guild members, or atleast I did not really talk to a Forsaken Enlightenment Guild member. I did hear about Forsaken Enlightenment from a friend who told this is a Guild with a great atmosphere. And i did find a link to the site on the realm forum page of Blizzard

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
On this character I did not have to many guilds. On Draenor I was officer of the guild Fury, but the guild stopped after some conflicts between more and more members.
On emerald Dream I did join Lunar Eclipse to be just a social member. I don't really feel comfortable in there so I decided to check for a new 'home'.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I'm a great person(Atleast, previous Guildies where telling me that). And I can bring a nice list of Leatherworking. Whenever I join a raid, I will be focussed for 100% and will not QQ about things.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I intended to apply as a social member, but I would like to fill in the raider section for if I feel like to go back into raiding one more time. This way you know what you can suppose of me.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I am playing as Marksmanship, and I do got dual spec on Beast Mastery for soloïng and for fun sometimes.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I ussually read on class forums of hunters 30m/1h a day. I like to get more knowledge of my class, so I can perform better in what ever I do at that moment.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I did take Marksmanship spec because I do like to play the spec. I did play survival and I do think it is cool, but at some important points MM is better then SV. I did go for a 7/57/7 spec. I did use 1 talent point in Focused Aim to provide me the extra hit I did need as Troll. Now I did reroll Draenei and this extra hit comes with the racial. Although I do not see the point in respeccing as there is not really an other talent I would like to pick. For glyphs:
Glyph of Chimera Shot: I used to have Glyph of Kill Shot, but with the current content I found the cooldown on Kill Shot less important then cooldown on Chimera shot.
Glyph of Serpent Sting: This glyph provides more dammage on the Chimera Shot. This results in better DPS. An other nice effect of it is if you need to switch to adds, and you did kill them Serpent Sting will most likely still be on the boss.
Glyph of Steady Shot: It is a Must Have.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I can write down a long awnser here, but that would be total waste of time for both of us. Writing and Reading wise. The awnser is Yes, I can promise.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
As of this time, It is hardly any day I can raid, But I cannot look in future so I will pass on this one question. Whenever I would like to raid with Forsaken Enlightenment I will contact an officer about the raid times/days.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I do like to use some addons during raiding:
Omen
Tukui
Zugzug hunter
Mike Scrolling Combat Text.
Range display
It is not a very big list of addons, but its not more then needed for me on this moment. I do use a bunch of macro's to make my dps output as high as possible.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I did start raiding in Wotlk. I did clear Naxx/Uld(never been able to finish this on 25m) on a DK I did delete on release day of Toc. I rerolled paladin(holy) at this time and cleared ToC10/25 TogC10(mad skill). Went to Icecrown Citadel and killed 12/12 with 8 Hardmodes on 10man. On 25 man it was a different story, I cleared 11/12 with 5 hardmodes and saurfang hm on 3%.
Also did clear uld10 with this holy paladin (except Algalon) and I am the proud owner of the Rusted Protodrake.
During Icc I did really start the raiding on this hunter and I cleared 12/12 normal mode and 7 hc kills on 10m and sadly enough I did kill just 7 bosses on 25m.
Cleared ToC and Uld10. Almost got my Rusted Protodrake now even though it is all to easy now every one got shitloads of gear.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I think I am geared for Icc10/25 Icc10 hm's, Almost geared enough for Icc25 Hm's
Same goes for Ruby Sanctum. Geared enough for 10/25 and 10hm almost geared enough for 25m hm

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I did.
I completed Glory of the Ulduar raider(10) on my Paladin and I am not so far away on the hunter.
I did the following HM's in Icc:
Lord Marrowgar 10m (25m on Paladin)
Lady Deathwishper 10m
Gunship Battle 10m/25m
Deathbringer Saurfang 10m/(25m on 3% on Paladin)
Rotface 10m/(25m on Paladin)
Festergut 10m/(25m on Paladin)
Rotface 10m/(25m on Paladin
Blood Queen Lana'thel 10m/(25m on Paladin)
(Valithiria Dreamwalker 10m on Paladin)

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I would feel honored. As you can see, I am not the best person around with Progression and you guys are. If anyone offers me help to improve my play, I would be happy to change around stuff.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Life goes on. I like to kill raid bosses. The loot that comes with it is a nice bonus.
You can not be the lucky guy always and you do raid with 24 other persons that might need a piece of loot. I do respect it and gz him/her with the new loot.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
As stated above, Life goes on. There are other people that want to raid, and I think being selfish is not a good thing. I can and will step out if someone else gets a spot above me. The raid leaders decision is like the decision of the Judge In real Life. The raidleader knows better then everyone else what he wants for a raid on the specific night and what he needs. If my name is not in the list of needs/wants, To bad and GL with the raid. May progression happen.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
It really depends,
I can not see in the Future so I do not know my feelings at that point. But if it is a remark I can do something with, I would try to change it and be 'the good guy'. Also I would ask other people if they think I did perform bad etc.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I feel to run to a repair guy. Raiding is Wiping. If I do not want repair bills, I would not raid. It is as simple as that.

I do hope you did enjoy reading my Application. I do look forward on a reaction. And I do hope filling in raiding stuff does not affect my Application.
Thargrinna

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I do like to use some addons during raiding:
Omen
Tukui
Zugzug hunter
Mike Scrolling Combat Text.
Range display
It is not a very big list of addons, but its not more then needed for me on this moment. I do use a bunch of macro's to make my dps output as high as possible.

EDIT: I do use Bossmods awell, And you might face some other obvious raid addons I did may not list, sorry for this.
Toofles the Great

You're gemming ArP a little too early.You have 478 ArP and you should have at least 600-800 before gemming for it. It's more beneficial for you to go Agi way. Yet 4.0.1 is hitting soon. So that will change dramaticaly.

And the app seems to be nice. Just that ArP thingie is a bit wrong.

Tehmaster wrote:
You're gemming ArP a little too early.You have 478 ArP and you should have at least 600-800 before gemming for it. It's more beneficial for you to go Agi way. Yet 4.0.1 is hitting soon. So that will change dramaticaly.

And the app seems to be nice. Just that ArP thingie is a bit wrong.

Ty, for your reaction.
About the ArP I did had a discussion that took around 3 hours with the class leader of my previous guild. He told me it was the best to go ArP for me. I am happy to swap out gems/like everything if you want me to do so.
Toofles the Great

It's totally not needed :3 If it was mid-WotLK, you should swap, but now - not worth the effort/gold.

Ok,

Ty again for posting on my Application.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Bumping for more Officer repsonses please!

Everlightly

geared enough, easily, and seems ok but what happens when all our hunters come back,

if the player is happy to be on standby and fill in when raid spots become free then i'ld say ok
Thargrinna

Quote:
I intended to apply as a social member, but I would like to fill in the raider section for if I feel like to go back into raiding one more time. This way you know what you can suppose of me.

Yes I'm happy to fill in stand-by and I do not want a raid spot over any other member of FE.
Thargrinna

edit:
Ty for taking the time to read my application and awnsering, I do really apprieciate it.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: