This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Declined
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Tirath - Elemental Shaman Application - DECLINED

What is your name: Ryan

What is your characters name: Tirath Level: 80 Class: Shaman Spec: Elemental / Restoration Professions: Jewlcrafting 455 / Mining 450 Amory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Tirath

Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild: My previous guild has changed its role from raiding to social, unfortunately I can’t have one without the other so have decided to follow a few mates that have the same views.

Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? I know lots of Ex-Lunar Eclipse members and have heard about you from them.

What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? I have no other applications pending nor have I been in another guild since Lunar Eclipse on this character.

Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment. I believe I have the perfect balance from humour to seriousness. I have lead many battles into the towers of karazhan down to the depths of molten core so am always up for helping higher ranked guild members if required to do so. I have a very good understanding of the game, have excellent timing, reactions and I am tactically sound.

Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment? I would like to become a raiding member.

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? My raiding spec would have to be Elemental. I have done my fair share of healing and tanking on past characters hence the preference. However, Restoration is my dual-spec so cannot say I do not enjoy it Happy

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? I have to admit, reading up on class forums has to be a weak point, never have and I really don’t think I will. I play the game for fun, I have worked out my own way of playing for each class I have played and I can say it has got me just as far if not further than the people reading up on class development. If I have any queries about my class I tend to ask guildies, watch youtube videos, or speak to close mates and discuss it further.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? I chose Elemental as I have always thought that to be the most interesting and fun since vanilla. It was only until Just before WOTLK that I decided to make one, it was a long ambition to have an elemental shaman I guess Happy I do not, and never will pick a build to what is suited ‘most suited’ I will pick a spec to which I feel is most fun and helpful. I’m not a sheep and won’t spec or re-roll a class just because everyone else has.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. Yes I have control over my free time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule? As soon as I finish work I am free. Weekends I will probably alternate according to RL, but I will always give enough time to whether I can make it or not.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? I like DBM – Just to help me with timing, and recount – for me to point out to myself whether I am slacking or not ;) Simples.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? I have raided pretty much everywhere. I have raided vanilla as a priest healer /shadow DPS. TBC I took on my own guild sharing GL with a RL mate, raid leaded almost every raid/dungeon and Main tanked almost every raid/dungeon. Quite abit of responsibility but I managed to handle it. And in WOTLK I took the role of an Elemental Shaman, Raiding every instance/dungeon bar RS I believe.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? I am geared for anything, Bring it!

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? I have completed most raid achievements and a handful of hard modes and would love to continue exploring and completing them until the list is empty!

Scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel? I would consider what they have said, weigh the situation up and probably discuss it further with other members, friends or personal research.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? The same as I was before. Being a leader myself I know how fair loot works.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? Being put on standby wouldn’t bother me, I would take the leaders choice as a reasonable one. If I was continuously not chosen over someone who seemed to be getting favoured then I may query out of raid times and on the forum. I would not make it public as there is normally a simple explanation.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? Either ignore it or discuss it further within a personal whisper and in a professional and grown-up manner.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel? I would have this care cup D << (just in case you didn’t realise, it’s empty!) That’s what the game is about and also why dailies were invented!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
zenjucy

yay! Ryan aswell!

compared to jess this man does kisses of death with hes elemental spec (haha)

good luck on your apply Ryan Happy
Everlightly

Hmmm

Those pvp 264 items, are you using those to boost your whgs, I see them as a bad choice of item and even 245-251 items are better, mainly because of the gem sockets, but that resi is pretty useless.

The fact that you seem to want to choose you own spec shows un unwillingness to research your class correctly if its to perform its best, the fact that there is only one viable pve spec for elemental shamans and that is 57/14/0. Although this is the spec you are, it would be of good knowledge to indicate this of your pve spec, elitist jerks, class forums etc are a mountain of knowledge that any good raider can not do without, to me its shades of being a little lazy
Could you also give us a reason of your glyph choices, as a few i'm a little unsure off.

Other than that the rest of the app looks ok, but i'm a little unsure really.

Last edited by Everlightly on 5-10-2010 10:12; edited 1 time in total

Thanks for the reply.

About the PvP items, no, im not using them as a GS boost, they are generally better than anything before ICC25 / ICC25 HC. If you'd like to check the upgrade on the wrathful wrists for example the only upgrade is 25man rotface or the HC version, i haven't been lucky enough to obtain those yet. Again with the neck and back, anything better is from 25mans / HC's, either I haven't been lucky enough to get the right drops or I haven't had the priveledge to even encounter those hard modes. I would agree resil is useless, but using the items you are suggesting is a 100% worse choice, they have less SP/stam/intel(in come cases) and haste/hit. I also know for a fact that some of the best items for elemental shamans include spirit on them, and thats a patheticly crap stat for us but it doesnt mean just because it has spirit that the rest of the items stats become useless. Im sorry if I seem agressive, I don't intend to but you talk about me not doing research cus im "lazy" yet you haven't done yours >.< In fact I think im quite the opposite of lazy. Most PvE players would not even consider getting a PvP item, even it was an upgrade due to not being good at it or not liking it.

My major glyphs are:
Glyph of Totem of wrath
Glyph of Thunder
Glyph of Lightning bolt.

My minor glyphs are:
Glyph of Renewed life
Glyph of Water sheild
Glyph of Water walking

Glyphs I have to admit, I have chopped and changed and I feel these suit me best. Lightning bolt and totem of wrath I have chosen as they produce the most dps. The minor glyphs aren't too much of an influence to dps however help with utility. Reducing the time on ank and an extra water sheild, don't think you can go wrong with that. The Glyph of Thunder is the only one I would assume your "unsure" of. It doesn't help with dps but more to do with encouters such as saurafang. I am willing to adjust my glyphs and am up for suggestions but I feel I have tested them all to their full potential due to my own trial and error.

As I said, I don't mean to be aggresive in my reply, I just feel some of the points you said were unjust.

Everlightly

I was elemental for all nax, ulduar and part of Toc content, so i do have plenty of elemental knowledge.

There is plenty of cloth items that work well and would be better than pvp. If you had one pvp item I would be too worried, but its because you have 3 items is why I was more concerned with and why I asked the question.

Stam is a stat you shouldn't even be thinking about usless your a tank, so having less stam is not a bad thing.
Items like Ether-soaked Bracers, rotface normal or HM 10 man
Or evem items with Mp5, as I know ele shamans have poor mana returns sometimes a little mp5 is ok, as long as its got haste and SP as main stats. Like the ones from marrowgar 10

And yes, the thunderstorm glpyh I was thinking about, i'ld have recommended the glyph of lava, as the 10% extra Lava burst damage is a nice boost.

These are only my thoughts and not the thoughts of the guild btw, but I like to see a few reasons behind certain things and you've answered those for me.

Thanks and good luck with the app
Bennied

re: Tirath rulez!

Hah... the old pvp-gear-debate. Always nice. Can't seem to get rid of my neckless too. wink

Just to stay on topic: tirath knows what hes doing. Stay in touch m8! wink

well thanks for the replies and ty for the gl's all of you!

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I found your responses to an Officers genuine concerns..... well concerning...

You give this response:

Quote:

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? I have to admit, reading up on class forums has to be a weak point, never have and I really don’t think I will. I play the game for fun, I have worked out my own way of playing for each class I have played and I can say it has got me just as far if not further than the people reading up on class development. If I have any queries about my class I tend to ask guildies, watch youtube videos, or speak to close mates and discuss it further.

And get narky because someone pulls you up on it, its a bit of a heavy defense mechanism and totally un needed in an application to join a guild. It seems that in a situation where performance/spec/gear/gems/whatever is questioned this is the kind of reaction we get, therefore I dont think FE is the guild for you.

Thank you for your application and good luck finding a new home.

Hint: If you have to apologise throughout a post about being aggressive, stop writing the post, calm down and write another less aggressive one.....

The reason I said I didn't want to seem agressive is because I thought thats the way you would have taken it, and I seem to be correct. Where in actual fact I was putting my own point of view across about the class, gear, gems, glyphs and tactics etc.

I could have lied and said I would have take everything into account and changed the way I play just because an officer that was the correct way of doing things, but then I would be lieing.

Everyone has their own opinions and if there is something that I do and needs to change then I feel it should go up for dicusson. E.g If 2 or more people think that I have chosen a glyph that doesn't seem to be the right choice, then it should be up for discussion, explain why thats the wrong choice, the reason I chose that one in the first place and further it from there.

I got "narky" because I was pulled up on something? I think I showed my side of the discussion and my thoughts to the acusations he made. I was simply defending my POV, he didn't take it personally, we just had different opinions. If I was to have said nothing about my view on what he had said then I would also be disapointing you as he asked for the reasons behind my choices.

I really can't see what it is you would have wanted me to say other than maybe. "Yes officer, whatever you say officer" I respect their authority but it doesn't mean I have to follow every order, unless they are written rules ofc.

The fact that the officer suggests needing Mp5 as elemental shaman is again another reason to why I doubt his opinion on gear/specs. If you know of the shaman class then im sure you would agree, we have no bottom to our mana pool Happy

Anyhow, if you declining me is the choice you have made then there isn't much I can do other than point out why I have responded in the way I have. Maybe this post will make you reconsider, probably not, but its worth a try.

marxua

re: tirath

Maybe i am not in the situation to comment but, i'll anyway ;)

When i checked if there was a responce to my apply, i found out Tirath got declined, i was a bit surprised and so ive read the comments in the thread.
I know tirath from my previous adventures, i would gladly take him into any raid, he is a fully committed, prepared and well capable player and a great asset to any guild, i agree his apply was a little, well lets call it "unlucky" at some places, but i can assure you this is a great player and top of that a very nice guy.

Mark, (marxua)

Everlightly

Anonymous wrote:
The fact that the officer suggests needing Mp5 as elemental shaman is again another reason to why I doubt his opinion on gear/specs. If you know of the shaman class then im sure you would agree, we have no bottom to our mana pool Happy

I don't think I ever said needing mp5, I was mearly indicating that its a better stat than resi.

Going to go through 2 items, and i've done some gear crafting for you and those pvp wrists
Currently wrists give you
106 sp
60 crit
103 stam
41 int
and are worth an approx dps of 153-158 dps

Bejewled wizards bracers crafted il 245
58 stam
58 int
80 sp
50 haste
42 crit
gem socket (assume 23 sp gem)
approx dps of 175-178, a minor upgrade

the lady's brittle bracers (icc boe item deathwhipser) il 264
69 int
69 stam
97 sp
65 crit
45 hit
gem socket, again assume red sp gem taking the item to 120 sp
dps value approx 220-225 dps, its a massive upgrade

the 245 item is a minor upgrade, but you could buy for less than 1200 gold now days, the boe icc drop is worth a bit more but I still see them on the AH for around 5-8k gold.
the 264 wrists with mp5 from marrowgar 10 HM are a dps increase too, of around the same level of the bejewled wizards bracers but i'm not going to fill this post with this stuff.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Declined All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: