This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaarulfen

re: Gaarulf - Social / Raiding application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Odd-Ragnar (Yes, I know it's odd (badum-tish)) but is known through the pipes of the internet as Gaarulf. I am at the moment seventeen and live in a small place in Norway.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Gaarulf level 80 arcane mage with 450 Jewelcrafting and Inscription.
As you might see if you take a look at the guild, I am on armory currently in the guild. Neij took control over my account when I decided I wanted to quit / take a break. Me and Artan started with Recruit a Friend some weeks ago, and therefore the different account.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

Mainly because it's a group to hang out with, and the possibility to see some end-game content.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know Artan, Neij and Laffen in real life. Have been the classmate of the first two in over 10 years so I know them very well. Since I know them so well, it's hard not to hear about the guild.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

When I left the game, my character was sitting on the Defias Brotherhood realm, so I don't think I can answer this question satisfactory. But I have been in many social / raiding guilds before, so It's not a new concept.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Can't really say I'll bring anything special. I currently study Graphic design / media so if needed I could probably make some graphic art (not webdesign, though). But I don't really know what kind of answer you were looking for here.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Probably a social for the most part. But if you lack the undergeared mage spot I'm happy to fulfill that too. I don't really know how much I'll play PVE in the last part of this expansion, so any raiding time will be purely bonus. ...But again, I'll apply for raiding aswell, If I somehow pass through the needleeye, that's great, but if not: I'll accept my role as a social Happy

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Arcane / Frost. Haven't played since the first wing or two of ICC got realeased, so I don't know how the Fire / Arcane debate went. I've heard that a fully geared mage should spec fire, so I'll stick to arcane. Frost is obviously for PvP purposes.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Wow.com , mmo-champion , a huge norwegian forum with a large and active WoW userbase, different forums (EU officials and US)

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Since I've been unactive I don't really know if there's any changes on the class. My spec should (if not Neij haven't changed anything) be the most optimal arcane raiding spec. Please comment if I'm mistaken.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes, atleast if there's a possibility to sign up for raids (wich there is). Worst case scenario is
a 5 min break.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I'm pretty much free on every night from 18-24. Some irregular Team Fortress 2 clanplaying but that won't take a week off.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I use a pretty standard LUI v3 setup. Recount, Omen and a bunch of addons that smooth things out under the hood. Lagtiming castingbars etc.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Got to level 80 around... 1 year ago (after yet another break) and since my brother and his guild was really cool I got to raid the first night as a level 80. Done pretty much every raid (steamrolling Naxx etc) except for Ulduar. In Ulduar I've only done the first 2 bosses for the weekly raid. Done the first wing or so in ICC, and that's about it.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
ICC 10, maybe early ICC 25, but I have been inactive for so long It's hard to say.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

No comment, believe I've done a ToC 10 HM, but really unsure. I'm positive for it, but as I'm undergeard or just geared for ICC I won't be prepared for those kinds of events.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Honoured would be a wrong word, but If it's told in a serious and calm matter, I would look it up and do my best to improve. "OMG LOL SUX TALENTS NUB" won't be taken seriously.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

That's fair. Can't say I'm happy about losing it, but if they have better reasons for getting it, there's nothing wrong with it.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

If I'm in a bad mood I'll most likely try to get a word with the CL. If there's anything I've done wrong or if it's a reason the other person got the spot. If I'm in a bad mood I'll entertain myself otherwise.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

As I'm not an aggressive person, I'll most likely just answer "Ok.." and try to ignore it for the most part. If the rest of the guild feels the same way, I'll try to work stuff through.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Again, can't say it's the best night of my life. But if it's any progression at all I won't mind. But wiping 10 times in a row on the same boss, without even considering letting it go would make me grumpy, if every attempt stop at 30% and we're not even close to getting stuff right.

------------

The raid application is mostly optional and is for you to decide upon.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Just a question you have linked the mage that is already in the guild, is that the mage you will be using? as it is already in the guild not much point of making an application.

Or will you be server transfering your old mage to us?

Well as you have friends in the guild (even if they dont set the best example of how to raid!) I don't see a problem with joining as social to be with friends as that is why we play wow.

Raids spots are kinda full, but I must admit if you get some good gear and gear up pretty well with pugs etc you might stand a chance in some 25man groups as only one mage is around atm. But that is not a "You will get a spot" that is just a "Gear up and you MAY get a spot and will have more chance the others".

Gaarulfen

Yep, that's the mage. It's transfered of my old account onto my new one (created for RAF purposes) and when transfering you lose all guild relations.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

So the mage on the armoury is the one you are using now, Which is already in the guild?

Gaarulfen

Sorry if I was abit unclear:
The mage on the armory is mine.
When it was on Account 1, it was in the guild (5 hours ago or something like that).
When you transfer a character (be it server or account) you lose all guild relations. Since armory is alittle slow it shows as I'm in the guild.

So, yes, I want to join with the mage who is already "in" the guild.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: