This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WolfmindRift

re: Social application - Hunter - ACCEPTED

Hello everyone,

Please find below my social application to join Forsaken Enlightenment.

Thank you

1. What is your name, age and location? My name is Darren (call me Daz) I'm 31 from the United Kingdom.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Wolfmind, level 80, Hunter, survival. My professions are engineering and mining. Both are level 450.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I'm applying in the hope that I will find a nice relaxed guild with some friendly players to enjoy the game with. Over the last five years of playing the game I have always enjoyed the social side of it and have met many players from all over the world. The only things I expect from any guild is that its members are friendly, willing to help out if needed and of course, a simple 'hello' from time to time.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

No.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I was in a guild on ED called New Crescent. It was a very small social guild. I took the decision to leave the guild due to the fact there were very few members online. The guild was just too inactive for me.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I'm a friendly relaxed person. I'm always willing to help out other guild members with quests etc. I've been playing World of Warcraft for five years now and in that time have built up a lot of knowledge of the game. I'm the kind of person that would answer a question a new player would have in the trade channel rather then ignore them.

I also do a lot of research into the characters I play. If a buff procs on a character then I like to know why and how! I'm always on the internet reading up on class updates and how things work.

Oh and I love mining!

My playtime is also quite active. I'm online almost every afternoon and evening.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Social please, but I'm more then happy to help out with raids in the guild if needed.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I would have no problems with this. Its a great idea that players should help each other with this type of advice. I would listen to this player and any advice they have to offer.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

This sounds a fair system to me. Its clear that the other player has put more work into the raid and would deserve the item.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I would of course check with the raid leader to see if a mistake has been made. I would also ask the other player if they would like to swap places with myself and check to see if a deal can be made with this player. Maybe if a swap could be arranged with the approval of the Officer in charge of the raid.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I would take the player to one side and have a chat about this. If I wasn't happy with the outcome of this, I would then seek advice from a guild Officer or the person that was in charge of the raid that evening.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

I would suggest that a small break be taken to get a drink or something to eat. In this time it always a good idea to check what's going wrong and how the team can improve on this. Two or three members of the team should also get together and double check the raid tactics on any of the websites.

Thank you for your time in reading my application.

Darren

Last edited by WolfmindRift on 27-6-2010 4:26; edited 1 time in total
WolfmindRift

Hello again,

The World of Warcraft Armory appeared to be offline for a short time during my application so I couldn't submit a link for my character.

Please find the link below.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Wolfmind

Thank you
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for your application if you check back here over the next day or so we will get back to you! can I ask how you deceided on FE as the guild you wanted to apply to?

Everlightly

This is a nice social app, very relaxed, quiet like it, might help aswell with the curse of summer inbound, just my 2 cents
WolfmindRift

Hi,

Thank you for the update. I heard about FE while reading through the Emerald Dream EU forums on the official website. I spotted the thread http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13516703016&sid=1 in relation the DKP runs and thought it was a really good idea for a guild to do.

My current guild was really quiet at the time so I remember reading the above thread and decided to make an application to FE.
Everlightly

Hey Wolfmind

Thanks for reading my thread, i'm starting to get mini famous lol, those gold dkp runs are something I run myself, its a pug run where I give guildies first option to join. for run really, and ofc for gearing players and alts and making a lil gold at the same time. Not to be confused with offical guild raids.
WolfmindRift

Everlightly wrote:
Hey Wolfmind

Thanks for reading my thread, i'm starting to get mini famous lol, those gold dkp runs are something I run myself, its a pug run where I give guildies first option to join. for run really, and ofc for gearing players and alts and making a lil gold at the same time. Not to be confused with offical guild raids.

Hi

No problem. It sounds like a really good idea and I agree that its a good way for players to gear up outside of your official raids.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Nice application and you want to join as social thats cool no problems with me. Not sure if I remember your name or not cant recall it so guess thats a good thing (trust me it is >.>).
So yea im happy for you to join I do like your application! the way you have come back linked armory and answered the questions in a timely manner seems nice, like you actually do want to join.

WolfmindRift

Hi Tuishao,

Thank you Happy I've not written many guild applications (maybe that's a good thing? lol) in the past so wasn't sure how it would go down!

I really like the guild website. Loads of information on here. Its also nice to see an active guild website rather then one that isn't visited by its members.

It would be great if I could join as a social member. I love playing my Hunter! Oh and I love mining! :D
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thats all the recommendation I need! Poke an Officer in game for an invite........... you really love mining don't you! Welcome to FE.

WolfmindRift

Hi again,

Thank you that's great news! I will be online later this afternoon after my trip to the gym. I will poke an officer right away when I'm back online!

I will look forward to joining then!

Thanks again Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I wont be on going to have a girly night watching Sex and the City!!! But the list of Officer can be found here http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1316107&gid=45872 and if none of them appear on just /w any member as they will probably be on alts!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: