This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Mayitbe, Discipline Priest, Raiding application - ACCEPTED

I can see your are closed for applications, but i figured i would take the chance anyway. Being guild less is not so fun after all.

What is your name, age and location?
My name is Susanne i'm 24 almost 25 years old and i live in Denmark.

What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions?
Mayitbe lvl 80 Discipline priest. Tailoring, i just picked it up so only have around 200 in it, 450 in enchanting, fishing, cooking and first aid.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Mayitbe

Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I been searching high and low for a guild that fits my playstyle. A guild that focus on the social aspects of the game and at the same time has some good raiding to offer. I expect a friendly guild with room to different people. I also expect that raids are well organized and people comes prepared to them.

Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
No, but i hope that will change. I saw a recruitment tread on the realm forum.

What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Danish Brotherhood/ Just a flesh wound. Danish Brother was made into Just a flesh wound and i left shortly after. JAFW wanted to be a pure raiding guild, and the social didn't exists there.
Kiss of Ysera (not sure about the spelling) The guild slowly fell apart, and is now disbanded.
Lux Aeterna, my latest guild. A lot of the old members left Lux and many new took their place. But the feeling in the guild has changed and I just didn't feel at home there anymore. At the same time raiding became more sparse, and i really want to kill Lich King before the Catalysme comes.
No i don't have any other applications with other guilds.

Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I consider my self to be helpful person. I always comes prepared to raids, and i always try my best to get the job done. I also believe i have a pretty good understanding of my class and spec.

Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I'm interested in a raiding spot.

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My main spec is Discipline 57/14 I have Holy Off spec 14/57
I prefer to play discipline, i like the way it works, and the whole idea of preventing damage is different from all the other specs. I played holy i TBC, but have raided most of WotLK as disc. So i'm strongest in my main spec, and my holy gear is not as good as my disc.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I use elitistjerks, for general guidelines and A dwarf Priest mainly for gear advises.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I have a almost cookie butter tree as dics but i choose to take 2/2 in Reflective Shield instead of 3/3 in Focused will. I don't think that 2% ekstra crit is that important in my current gear level, and reflective Shield is really nice when i'm on my own killing stuff.
My holy tree i focused around raid healing, but the last few times i used it have been on Dreamwalker.

Discipline glyphs: Peance, 2 sec shorter cd is always nice. Flash heal, 10% reduced mana cost on one of my main healing spell. And Power word Shield. I consider it to be the best disc glyph of them all. I cast a lot of shields, so any healing of them is use full.

Holy glyphs: Guardian Spirit. As i said i only use my holy tree on Dreamwalker and GS was very use full there. It might be use full other places, but for raid healing i would properly take Prayer of Healing. Renew, a important spell for holy. Circle of Healing, extremely use full for raid healing.

My minor glyphs are the same for both spec. Shadowfiend, not so use full anymore whit all the advoidens it has, but i still remember when they died just they saw a fire, and better to be safe than sorry. Levitate no more dying because i ran out of feathers. Fortitude, use full for combat buffing.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes that should not be a problem.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I can play most nights, and if i sign for a raid i will of course make sure my RL if planned around it.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I use deadly boss mod and omen, think almost every one uses them. I use grid and clique for healing, they are the one that suits my style of healing best, together with a lot of mouseover macros. Beside that i use blizzards standard ui. Less things that can break and needs updating.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Vanilla wow - none got my first 60 a few months before TBC.
TBC - Kara, ZA Grull and Magtheridon and a few bosses in Mount hyjal and SSC
WotLK- Naxx 10/25, EoE 10/25, Os3d 10/25, onyxia 10/25, ToC 10/25. ToGC 4/5 in 10man before ICC, Ulduar 12/14 in 25 man. ICC 9/12 in 25 and 10/12 in 10 man. But i have tried both sindragosa 5% wipe and Lich King 60% wipe
All with my priest.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I believe i'm geared for ICC 25 mans hard modes

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I have a few hard modes and achievements, but i only got the ToGC in the right gear level. But i have a lot of Ulduar 10 mans achievements done with ToC gear and Naxx achievements done with Ulduar gear. I don't mind making them, but you won't hear me ask for them either.

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Pleased that someone would take the time and help me improve my gameplay. I think that is the best way you learn about your class.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Raiding is a team effort, and gear is a tool to progress, so it is only fair that the loot is given to someone who needs its more or raid more than me. And i would never question a loot council, they know how to divide the loot so it benefits the guild the mosts.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would wish the raid good luck, and hope they would get the boss down.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
If it is completely uncalled for i would just ignore it. If it might have something on it i would look into how i could improve it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Wiping is part of learning a new encounter. So i would just see it as a night of good practice, and hope that next time we will do even better.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or poke me ingame. I won't be much online before Tuesday.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I like the application, its informative and you answer all the questions but also in a relaxed way.
Yea Raid spots are a bit full but always worth giving it a shot and tbh we dont really have many disc raiding priests, one holy priest that has recently respec'd to disc to cover the void and one main spec disc who hasnt been on alot as of late.
So tbh I think you stand a good chance, aslong as you will not be upset if you are not picked for every single 25man. But other than that, I think you would stand a good chance of being picked regular as like I said we dont have many disc priest.

Also one last point.... I didnt think female dwarves existed???!! :D

Chausie

ofc they exist, and they're beautiful

desley isnt a figment of my imagination you know

yes it is!!

Wizzboshing

Very nice application imo.

Chausie wrote:

! all doorfs have beards! I think you are loosing it... Thats not breasts you see there thats moobs from the ale!!

Everlightly

Chausie wrote:

talking about the right alt chauise, I thought Desley was a pally not a disc priest
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry these lot have cluttered up your application! We are currently discussing this and will have an answer for you shortly.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Not cluttered... bumping so it appears near top so others can see it and comment >.> :D

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to hear from you.
//Mayitbe

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

More than happy to take you in as a social member and play it by ear with the raiding spot, poke an Officer ingame for an invite and welcome to the family!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: