This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Aoie - Assassination Rogue, raiding application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Tom, 23, Aberdeen, Scotland

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Aoie - lvl 80 Rogue, Assassination. Has 450 engineering and 450 mining.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Aoie

Also have 2 alts which are almost as well geared:

Keon - 80 Warrior, Protection. 450 jewelcrafting and 450 mining.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Keon

Ipsith - 80 Priest, Discipline or Holy, generally depending on raid needs. Have played as disc far more than holy. 443 Enchanting and 446 Tailoring.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Ipsith

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm looking for a guild which raids more than my current guild, but not one which has all current content on farm. I'd like to progress through raid content with the guild and to enjoy the experience of playing with other like-minded people.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I don't really "know" anyone, but have spoken briefly to Tethane for clarification on some of the guild's rules and to Everlightly about the upcoming GDKP runs which I would like to be involved in. I originally heard about the guild via articles on emeralddreamers.co.uk by Tethane, and more recently through posts on the official forums.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I am currently in Fighting Mongooses and I intend to leave for a more raiding-oriented guild. I play with my fiancée (who will also be applying to the guild) and for a long time we were both unable to commit to any sort of raiding schedule due to real life circumstances. This has changed, and we are now both much more interested in real progression in areas of the game we were unable to access before - specifically 25-man end-game content. We are now also able to control our schedules to allow us to do this, and we think it's time we applied to a guild which would enable us to do this.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I'm a very friendly and chatty guy, often willing to help out with things that others need such as fishing up some feasts before a raid or testing some class mechanics. I research my classes and every encounter's tactics well and think I can offer a very reliable high level of performance in raids.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding member. I realise that my class isn't in demand, but this is an application for my benefit as well as yours. I want to raid, and my chances of doing that are far better in a raiding guild which doesn't necessarily need me than in a guild which doesn't raid much at all.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Assassination main spec. My off-spec is a pvp assassination spec, for use in arenas. I haven't done a lot of arenas, but have been enjoying a casual 2v2 enough recently to keep my dual spec as a pvp spec. It should then be obvious that I prefer to play my pve spec in pve situations.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I read elitist jerks regularly and use various spreadsheets and tools found there to optimise my character where possible. I also keep up to date on all patch notes when they are released and make sure I read them thoroughly for any changes which may affect any of the characters I play, whether they're changes made to my class directly or something which is changing for another class which may affect me.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I have tried combat spec and didn't enjoy the feel of waiting for the longer cooldowns on many of the core abilities of the spec. I prefer the reliable sustained dps which assassination gives, and the easy to maintain rotation. I also prefer daggers over swords or axes for aesthetic reasons! The Mutilate and Hunger for Blood glyphs are the two obvious choices for my spec with nothing else being a viable option for personal dps. I use the glyph of Tricks of the Trade in my 3rd major glyph slot for the largest boost to raid dps.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am available on all days, with raid-able times throughout the week generally being 6pm gmt onwards, and at any time at the weekend. I'd like to be done raiding by midnight gmt, but would consider staying longer occasionally. Your raid times fit this availability fine!

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
The core of my interface consists of Pitbull, Bartender, MSBT and PowerAuras, with other group/raid specific addons being DeadlyBossMods, Skada (used as both a threat meter and a damage meter for evaluation of my own damage), and I am currently trying out AVR and AVRE, which provide some very useful displays for encounters in raids, making it much easier to coordinate my position with that of others in a raid encounter and (hopefully) contributing to higher performance.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
The Burning Crusade wasn't very casual friendly, so my only experience of raiding at this time was after the raids were heavily nerfed towards the end of the expansion and I was then able to see Karazhan and Zul'Aman.
WotLK has been much nicer for me - when it released I was playing as horde and raided 10 and 25-man Naxxramas, OS and EoE as a resto druid and a 2h frost dps Death Knight (Those were the days, sigh). I was on my way to Glory of the Raider (10-man) when I stopped playing. I was only pugging the content and with just two characters it was very easy to run out of things to do for the week. I had found myself logging in just to sit and hope for a group, which would sometimes then just fall apart (as pugs do) anyway. I quit the game just before Ulduar was released and did not return until just before Icecrown Citadel appeared.
When I did return to the game, I reactivated a different one of my accounts, this time my original Alliance characters (Keon was the first character I ever created in WoW, before even TBC! He's gone through a few name changes and server transfers since then though). Since then I have still been pugging content, but a lot of the content is far more accessible than it ever was before. I have done (yayzerg) OS 3 drakes 10 and 25, EoE fast kills, and more notably ToGC10 mad skills on my rogue. I have stabbed, tanked and healed my way through pugs in ICC 10 and 25, but have made most progress with my rogue.
I am currently at:
Aoie, rogue - 10-man 10/12, 25-man 5/12
Keon, warrior - 10-man 7/12, 25-man 4/12
Ipsith, priest - 10-man 4/12, 25-man 4/12
I have also done the gunship encounter on heroic in both 10 and 25-man, but that's not much to write home about.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I believe I am well geared for good progress in ICC25.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
"Back in the day" I was working on Glory of the Raider and enjoyed the extra goal it gave to raids which were no longer about loot. More recently I have done ToGC10 Mad Skills and enjoyed the extra level of challenge it provided over normal ToC. I'd love to do more, both for the sense of personal achievement and shiny things like the ICC drake!

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I'd thank them for the tip and would be very likely to try it out. I'm always trying to improve my own play and any input on this is appreciated.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
There's a loot council for a reason, and in applying to the guild I acknowledge that if a raid in run with a loot council system, I agree to stand by any decisions made by it. Besides - if it was a bigger upgrade for someone else or their attendance had been better than mine I'd probably pass it to them too!

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
Wish the raid good luck and hope that they kick that boss' ass!

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Try to assess whether I really was doing something wrong and if so, work on fixing that. Criticism should never be a bad thing, it's just another way to improve.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I'd probably feel like we should be trying something a bit different, but know that we wouldn't have been following a tactic if it wasn't viable - it's probably our execution that is a little off. What I can do to help in this situation is to ensure that I'm doing my absolute best. Repair that gear and get back in there!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

In reading through this I realised I forgot to answer part of a question. Oops!

I have no other guild applications pending.

There we go, phew!

Everlightly

had a chat with this dude regarding GDKP, seems a nice enough guy, although it was only a brief chat
Tethane
Guild Mistress

That is a perfect application Aoie. I will be dicussing it with my Officers and getting back to you asap.

Can I ask one thing..... We are nearing our first attempts on LK 25 man and for that I would ideally like to take 2/3 Disc priests. Would you consider a main of shadow/disc priest for raiding or would you prefer to stick with your rogue?

Oh and have you discussed this with Shell?

Yes, I'd be more than happy to bring my priest along to any raid. More than raiding with a specific character - I want to see and experience the content. The only reason I really consider my rogue to be my main at the moment is that I play it most and it has the best gear, but the gear is a result of the playing and the playing a result of it being my most recent level 80.

I don't have a good set of dps gear for my priest for a shadow offspec, as it was simply levelled and geared to be a healer from the start, but many healing items can function perfectly well as dps and a few items with solid +hit would sort me out fairly well.

I've spoken to Shell out of game and have explained why I'm applying here. No love lost Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thats great for me to consider, thank you for answering quickly!

Minor update to my application:

My priest now has 10/12 in icc10, and I have had some good attempts at Sindragosa (to roughly 30% on one of the attempts, phase 2 was pretty harsh and people weren't listening. It's also shocking how quickly people will abandon a pug which was previously going very smoothly after a few wipes).

Looking forward to a response to my app and my fiancée's!

Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

had a chat with him yesterday and it seem like he is eager to join us...
how his skills r i cant say anything about and since i know shit about rouges i cant say so much about gears and so. but think he know what todo so can give him a go

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: