Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild Charter, rules and responsibilities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Change to the Guild rules

I have come to a point now where I am very happy with the quality of people within FE to the extent that I shall from this point allow you all of Enlightened rank and higher to create PUG's for raids we do not run as a Guild.

HOWEVER!! If I hear of any bad attitudes/elitism/ninjaing/any action that gives FE a bad name I will withdraw this privilege and get heavy with my kick stick.

Please remember that the name you wear above your head means a lot to me and a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating what is now a well respected and well established guild, do not do anything to undermine the good we we have ALL put in.

Please also follow these golden rules:

Know the Fight
You cannot lead something you don't understand or have never experienced. Go to someone else's raid first. Complete the objectives. Pay attention to gear levels, healing and tanking assignments, what causes wipes, what adjustments are made, and how the fight works. Don't just assume you know it because you read a few strategy guides; try it out. This will give you more confidence when directing your own raid, and help you make better tactical decisions.

Understand Requirements, but Be Realistic
It's a PUG. You're not going to get the best players from the top guilds. You might get their alts, in which case you're pretty lucky. Be understanding of people whose gear is not in top form. At the same time, understand what an instance requires to complete. Don't leave out someone due to less than spectacular gear, but know that what you bring affects what you can accomplish.

Swallow Your Pride
You are the raid leader. However, this does not necessarily mean you are the best tank/healer/DPS for the job. Understanding when someone outgears you, or that their class would be better suited than your own, is paramount for success. Ignoring this can still bring a successful run; however, it can be a lot less smooth and bring forward more wipes than necessary. And, if what you're trying isn't working, try listening to the raid members so you don't have to have half of them mutiny.

Lead By Example
If you're leading a raid, don't be the one who stands in the fire. If you do this, people begin to doubt that you know what you're doing. They have, most likely, no previous knowledge of you or your skills. Letting them down in this way does not promote a stable raiding environment.

Know When to Call It
If your wiping on trash and having lots of AFK's it maybe time to call it. Don't keep pushing; it will be there the next day, or the next reset. If this continues, the bickering will worsen, D/C's from sleep deprivation will increase, and your raid will fall apart anyway. Know when it's better to wait than push on.

Understand How to use the Master Looter
If you've never master looted before, have someone with you who can explain. Or here, I'll do it. You set it to Master Looter, set the rarity (most go with the Blue "Rare" setting). Then, when a mob dies and you go about the appropriate methods of deciding who receives the loot, you click the piece of loot, find the person's group, their name, click their name, and confirm it. Make sure you have the right name. This means reading the full name and verifying this is the winner. Also, make sure you loot the same item you have linked. Looting the Bag to the person rolling for the Spoils looks incredibly bad on your part.

Create Loot Rules and Stick to Them
Nothing causes more problems than loot. Express your loot rules clearly at the beginning of the raid. And follow them, discussing any change with the person the change would directly affect (i.e. asking if someone would pass for another since they have won so much already). Do not arbitrarily decide in the middle of the raid that you'll decide who wins a tie. Do not change loot rules to suit yourself and your friends.

Don't Overreact on Wipes
Not Safe For Work. You all know what it is.

Everlightly

Promise i'll be on my best behavior.

anyone thats up for bring there alts or main to ICC 10 runs, i'll be running a few pugs mainly fridays and sundays during the day time, and i'll also be doing 1 most likely thursday this week, depending on what i'm doing. hit me up,. i'll always offer places to guildies first

Cheers

Evei/jonny
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Quote:
to create PUG's for raids we do not run as a Guild.

I will give this a trial run Jonny but if I find that guildies are getting themselves saved for guild runs it will have to stop. Also please make sure that none of this clashes with our current raiding schedule.

Everlightly

Ah missed that, ok, wont do that
Tethane
Guild Mistress

No no give it a go, we can only find out about these things in practise!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild Charter, rules and responsibilities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: